274-280

274-280

Number Name Builder Date Remarks
274 Lake Primrose Coast Steel Fabricators, Ltd. 1969 Purchased new. Primrose Lake is named for Supt. Philip Carteret Hill Primrose (1864-1937), Northwest Mounted Police. Car was sold in June 2011 an left Skagway. Finaly the car arrived at the Georgetown Loop Railroad in Golden.
276 1st Lake Big Salmon Coast Steel Fabricators, Ltd. 1969 Purchased new. Sold in 2005. Resold to Edwards Railcar Co. in 2007, possibly to salvage the trucks. Big Salmon was the English name given to a river, whose Tlingit name meant river in which there were large chinook (king) salmon.
278 1st Lake Fairweather Coast Steel Fabricators, Ltd. 1969 Purchased new. Sold in 2005. Resold to Georgetown Loop R.R. in 2007 (#228). Renamed Silver Queen by G.L. R.R. Fairweather is a mountain, so named by Capt. James Cook because he had experienced good weather when he saw it.
280 Lake Dease Coast Steel Fabricators, Ltd. 1969 Purchased new. Dease Lake named for Peter Warren Dease (1788-1863), chief factor of the Hudson’s Bay Co.

274

274 coach "LAKE PRIMROSE" (1969)

Bernard J. Kern took a great picture out of the White Pass dispatch window in 1969. There you'll see car 274 and combine 216. Image by Bernard J. Kern, collection of Kevin Sivils.

274

Coach 274 leaving Skagway

In June 2011, the coach 274 was sold and trucked out of Skagway. Image by Boerries Burkhardt.

276

276 coach "LAKE BIG SALMON" (2005)

The coach was parked on ground before he was sold into the lower 48. Image by Boerries Burkhardt June 5, 2005.

276

276 Lake Big Salmon (2005)

278

278 Lake Fairweather (2003)

Image by Boerries Burkhardt, September 2003

280

280 coach "Lake Dease" (2008)

After a long day, coach 280 at the coach year at Skagway. Boerries Burkhardt June 8, 2008.

280

280 Lake Dease (Fall 2003)

Image by Boerries Burkhardt, September 2003

Copyright 1994-2016 Whitepassfan.net by Boerries Burkhardt