248

248 - Lake Tagish

Car Description / Remarks
248 Lake Tagish
built 1887 by Harlan & Hollingsworth Corp.
Originally, South Pacific Coast R.R. #65. Sold to Northwestern Pacific R.R. in 1907 (NWP #728). Car purchased by the White Pass in 1928. Used on the Taku Tram from 1928 to 1936. Tagish was derived from a Tlingit phrase, which means let the lake get wet (referring to the ice breaking up).

248

248 Lake Tagish

Coach 248 Lake Tagish at Skagway in 1995. Image by Eric L. Johnson.

248

248 Lake Tagish

Boerries Burkhardt Image, Skagway May 31, 2003

248

Lake Tagish (2005)

248

248 Lake Tagish (2005)

Copyright 1994-2016 Whitepassfan.net by Boerries Burkhardt