214-216

214-216

214 more of 214 Lake Spirit

216 216 Lake Black

214

214 Lake Spirit built by J.G. Brill & Co. 1881 for the Texas & St. Louis Ry. (#22 or 24). Sold to Coeur d’Alene Ry. & Navigation Co. in 1886 (CdAR&N #1 or 2). Purchased by the White Pass in 1900. Cupola added in 1971. Cupola removed in 1988. Named after a lake located five miles north of Carcross, Yukon.

216

216 Lake Black was built November 1881 by J.G. Brill & Co. for the Texas & St. Louis Ry. (#22 or 24). Sold to Coeur d’Alene Ry. & Navigation Co. in 1886 (CdAR&N #1 or 2). Purchased by the White Pass in 1900. Cupola added in 1967. Cupola removed in 1996. Black Lake named for George Black (1872-1965), Member of Parliament from the Yukon.

214
Copyright 1994-2016 Whitepassfan.net by Boerries Burkhardt