214 Lake Spirit

Built by J.G. Brill & Co. 1881 for the Texas & St. Louis Ry. (#22 or 24). Sold to Coeur d’Alene Ry. & Navigation Co. in 1886 (CdAR&N #1 or 2). Purchased by the White Pass in 1900. Cupola added in 1971. Cupola removed in 1988. Named after a lake located five miles north of Carcross, Yukon.

214 as coach

214 as coach. Image was done before 1971. Boerries Burkhardt Collection. Please note the steel side.

 

Combine 214

Combine 214 at Skagway in 1975

 

Combine 214

Combine 214 at Bennett, 1980

 

Combine 216

Combine 216 at Whitehorse 1978

 

Combine 216

Combine 216 at Skagway 1991. Photo Eric L. Johnson

 

Lake Black 1997

Now as coach and passenger car with the name "Lake Black" at Skagway in 1997. Photo Herb Cearley

216 Lake Black

Built November 1881 by J.G. Brill & Co. for the Texas & St. Louis Ry. (#22 or 24). Sold to Coeur d’Alene Ry. & Navigation Co. in 1886 (CdAR&N #1 or 2). Purchased by the White Pass in 1900. Cupola added in 1967. Cupola removed in 1996. Black Lake named for George Black (1872-1965), Member of Parliament from the Yukon.