211 Goat Lake
Built by American Car & Foundry Co. at (St. Charles) in 1918. From AC&F Lot #8338. Originally, Sumpter Valley Ry. #11. Purchased by the U.S. Army in 1943 for use on the White Pass (USA #934). Tool car from 1943 to 1946. Turned over to the White Pass in 1946. Returned to passenger service, and cupola added in 1946 (WP&YR #211). Named for the lake located 1921 ft. above (east of) Bridge 9-A, which supplies water for Pitchfork Falls. Car has no name printed on the side.
Combine 211 at Whitehorse during he summer of 1975. (Photo David G. Steer - Boerries Burkhardt Collection)
Combine 211 at Utah Yard in 1981. (Photo David Busse - Boerries Burkhardt Collection)